Is perfectionism robbing you of joy?
In today’s episode, we discuss perfectionism: from how to identify it and create awareness around it to how to start healing from it.
Tijen begins the conversation by offering her definition of perfectionism and answering the question, How does perfectionism differ from striving for excellence, and how can you tell the difference? Her answer comes in the form of a metaphor that dances in and out of the rest of the episode.
We discuss where perfectionism comes from, how it manifests as an internal struggle, how our nervous system responds to it, and the role that our culture plays in perpetuating it.
We talk about what perfectionism costs people, as well as an antidote to it, where we delve into creating a new value structure and cultivating more joy, authenticity, and self-trust.
Tijen also answers the question of how perfectionism shows up in a coaching session, what you need to look out for as a coach with perfectionistic tendencies, and how to identity these patterns in your clients.
Awakening to Finding the Diamonds Within: Genco Method Five Steps to Resilience – Coaching with Mastery and Elegance with Tijen Genco
- Awakening to Finding the Diamonds Within: Genco Method Five Steps to Resilience
- Journeying Through Imposter Syndrome to Find The Authentic Self
- The Story of a Barefoot Coach: Tijen’s Journey Into Coaching With Precision and Mastery
- Genco Method Five Steps to Resilience
- Learning the Language of the Body, Mind, and Spirit as it Relates to Upcoming Genco Method Beyond the Mind Coach Trainings