In our third episode of Coaching With Mastery and Elegance with Tijen Genco, we talk about belonging: Our deep and fundamental need to belong to ourselves and to others.
Tijen begins by defining belonging and discussing where this inherent need comes from, the importance of experiencing ourselves through our relationships, and the need for self-reflection to cultivate a rich inner world.
We examine the difference between true belonging and fitting in. She answers questions like, What happens when we experience the self-betrayal that comes with fitting in? How do we give ourselves permission to be our true selves?
We look at belonging to a group by birth versus belonging to a group by choice, and how our personality plays a role in determining the groups we choose to belong to.
We discuss the elusive question; How do we belong to ourselves?
Tijen talks about her internal “executive committee” and how this supports her sense of belonging.
The conversation shifts to how Tijen recognizes when a client is restricting or muffling their true self-expression, and how to help them “de-muffle” themselves.
She also discusses how to create a deep sense of belonging when facilitating a coaching group.
Links that were mentioned during this episode:
Awakening to Finding the Diamonds Within: Genco Method Five Steps to Resilience – Coaching with Mastery and Elegance with Tijen Genco
- Awakening to Finding the Diamonds Within: Genco Method Five Steps to Resilience
- Journeying Through Imposter Syndrome to Find The Authentic Self
- The Story of a Barefoot Coach: Tijen’s Journey Into Coaching With Precision and Mastery
- Genco Method Five Steps to Resilience
- Learning the Language of the Body, Mind, and Spirit as it Relates to Upcoming Genco Method Beyond the Mind Coach Trainings