The ancient Egyptians believed a well-lived life came down to how you answered the following two questions: “Have you found joy in your life?” and “Has your life brought joy to others?”
As a response, our discussion revolves around finding joy, balance, and harmonic flow.
Tijen answers questions such as, “What is joy, and how does it differ from happiness? “and “How do you know when you’ve found a balance between finding joy for yourself and giving joy to others?”
We explore cultural blind spots that can get in the way of caring for ourselves and what happens when we over-give and people-please. We also discuss the opposite side of the spectrum: What happens when we only care for ourselves and ignore the needs of others?
Tijen offers a thought-provoking perspective on how over-giving can be in disservice not just to the person who’s giving but to the person who’s receiving.
For anyone who’s ever thought that self-care is selfish, this is the episode for you!
The Impact of the Mentoring Relationship and Important Points to Consider When Choosing a Mentor Coach – Coaching with Mastery and Elegance with Tijen Genco
- The Impact of the Mentoring Relationship and Important Points to Consider When Choosing a Mentor Coach
- Discovering the Weight of Your Heart
- Defining and Enabling the Next Version of Yourself
- Appreciating Our Inner Dragons For a More Harmonic and Collaborative Life
- The Treasure Hunt for Our Lost Parts